We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Ortovox Peak 45L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 42
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The back of the pack is comfortable even while carrying heavy loads.
- Features crampon fixation loops at the front of the backpack for ease-of-use.
- The straps are adjustable to comfortably fit even with very-wide skis for ample compatibility.
- Contains a snowboard attachment for additional compatibility.
- Plenty of room in the top lid pocket for quick and efficient gear storage.
- Contains plenty of pockets to keep your gear organized during excursions.
- Features sweat-wicking wool to increase ventilation and breathability during intense exercise.
- The J-shaped zipper lets you open the entire front of the pack for complete access.
- Contains two ice ax loops for compatibility with outdoor winter gear.
- Comfortably carries loads up to 40 pounds for those who travel with heavy loads.
- The low-profile construction reduces any excess bulk for comfortable carrying.
- Lightweight for the size of the backpack and the material used.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the ax carrier not being the most efficient in transporting an ice ax.
- Might not be durable enough for sustained use against tough terrain, like during multiple seasons of alpine climbing.
- The zipper is on the front of the pack, meaning that you need to lay down your backpack on the ground to get to your gear, reducing the ease-of-use.
- Does not contain a hydration hose sleeve for efficiency during intense exercise.
- The material is thinner and potentially less durable than the competition.
The Ortovox Peak 45L Backpack is a comfortable, gear-compatible, and low-profile pack that works well for attaching external gear and providing storage for winter excursions. Even though this backpack has thinner material than the competition, if you frequently go on winter hikes, ice-climbing trips, and alpine adventures, this backpack will securely hold all of your gear while remaining comfortable under heavy loads.