We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Phantom 6000 Mountaineering Boot and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 8
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable for all-day use.
- Comfortable right out of the box due to the short break-in period, adding to the functionality of these boots.
- The inner boot can be worn by itself after climbs to add extra warmth.
- The lacing system is easy to use and can cinch down the boot to fit your foot.
- Provides plenty of insulation to keep your feet warm during cold weather conditions.
- The inner belt has a grippy sole for comfort while walking.
- Provides an optimal warmth-to-weight ratio for effectiveness while carrying in your pack or while walking long distances.
- Very technical for experts to use with ease.
- Waterproof to protect against prolonged precipitation and snow.
- Features a Velcro flap and two pull-on tabs for complete fit customization.
- The outer shell is abrasion-resistant for long-lasting use in tough conditions.
- Double-layered for additional insulation during cold temperatures.
- The burly construction prevents your toes from hiding any hard or sharp terrain while walking or climbing.
- Contains plenty of flexibility and ankle mobility for walking efficiency.
- The upper material is tough and durable for use in rough terrain.
- The higher tongue contributes to a stiff-feeling boot that provides ample performance benefits.
- Works well with full-auto crampons for additional compatibility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the enclosure and tightening system being too complicated for quick use.
- Not warm enough for consistently cold and high-alpine excursions.
- The thin sole might wear down quickly on tough terrain, showing a lack of long-lasting use.
- The inner sole is not the most supportive option, so you may need to replace the insole to add some extra padding.
- The lace-lock is tedious to use and is non-intuitive when first figuring out how to use the apparatus.
- At the high end of the price range when compared to other similar options.
The Scarpa Phantom 6000 Mountaineering Boot is a durable, comfortable, and tough option that works well in keeping your feet warm and dry in very cold weather conditions. If you need a boot that can protect your feet against harsh temperatures and sharp or tough terrain, this could be the best option.