We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Smith Allure MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 183
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stylish for use on or off of the slopes.
- Bluetooth speakers are easy to put in and take out for added functionality.
- Durable to last multiple ski seasons without worrying about breaking or lack of protection.
- Contains three internal Velcro flaps to adjust the venting and breathability for complete temperature regulation.
- Contains MIPS to protect against rotational head impacts.
- Very lightweight for added comfort and easy transportation capabilities.
- The lining is soft for all-day comfort while wearing.
- The lining is very soft for all-day comfort against your face and skin, preventing any chaffing or rubbing.
- Contains nine airbag ports to increase the airflow through the goggles and enhance your visual clarity.
- The MIPS provides protection against rotational head impacts to increase safety in the event of a crash.
- A good bargain and price point for the high-quality helmet you get in return.
- Very lightweight for comfort all-day-long while boarding or waiting in-between rides.
- The earpads are compatible with speakers for ease-of-use and added technology benefits.
- The self-adjusting fit system ensures a snug and secure fit without having to continually readjust while on the slopes.
- Features compatible goggle integration for added functionality.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the goggle retainer clip on the back not being the most secure or heavy-duty, causing some user concerns.
- Some users do not like the lack of micro-adjustments to fully fit your unique head shape.
- The Velcro on the back of the helmet can get in the way of long hair and catch during use, which can be annoying to some users.
The Smith Allure MIPS Helmet is a durable, protective, and lightweight helmet that will keep you safe and comfortable during long days on the slopes. For beginners and experts alike, the MIPS will fully protect against rotational head impacts, while the speaker compatibility and lightweight material make this a tech-savvy and comfortable option for multiple seasons.