We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Absolute Black SRAM CX Oval Direct Mount Chainring and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 454
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Feels natural and easy to use while cycling.
- Stylish and aesthetically-pleasing for a sleek and minimalist look.
- Improves cadence, increasing the performance benefits of this SRAM.
- Lessens any stress on your joints, keeping you healthy for long-distance cycling.
- Performs very well when climbing steep hills, helping with power and smoothness.
- Provides increased traction for added security and stability during rides.
- Very simple and easy to install, increasing efficiency.
- Keeps your pedal stroke smooth to prevent any jerking and annoyance while pedaling.
- The smoothness of the chainring helps on steep climbs.
- The construction means that more power is pushed to the crank round, increasing efficiency and power output.
- The oval shape provides increased traction over uneven and loose terrain.
- The construction can help with some muscle soreness and lower back issues, due to the shape of the oval ring.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- If you are a pro or elite rider, the smoothness of the chainring may not provide as much benefit when compared to a novice or mid-ability rider.
- Might not provide enough of a difference on big hills to justify buying this product.
The Absolute Black SRAM CX Oval Direct Mount Chainring is an easy-to-use, smooth, and stylish option that provides plenty of grip, security, and traction on uneven and loose terrain. If you are looking for an oval shape chainring, this option can increase efficiency on hills, improve your cadence, and raise your power output for those tough pushes.