We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Wahoo Fitness ELEMNT BOLT GPS Bike Computer and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 967
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Impressive battery life.
- Easy to configure with a smartphone.
- Features automatic uploads to stay up-to-date.
- You can see who is calling you and short texts.
- Wireless connectivity for easy usage.
- Can easily pair with speed and cadence sensors.
- Easy to change parameters in the middle of a ride.
- Can scan a QR code to pair your phone with ELEMNT, and then change the settings within your phone.
- Each training screen can comprise of up to 10 fields, and also show a map and elevation screen.
- The phone app can be connected with multiple external sites.
- The roads are formatted in clear contrast.
- Features three buttons for the basic functions, such as start, stop, and select.
- 15 hours of battery life, and up to 20 hours with the LED light turned off.
- Buttons are easy to use with gloves on.
- Accurate turn-by-turn directions and features BestBikeSplit integration for compatibility.
- Despite having a similar screen size to Garmin Edge 520, the ELEMNT has easier-to-read font.
- Routes are easily synced to the GPS via Bluetooth.
- The mount is provided with a locking screw, for secure placement.
- Displays your distance traveled, duration, speed, and elevation in real-time.
- Easily pair with ANT+ sensors to detect your heart rate and pedal cadence.
- Features a 50% reduction in drag, compared to the competition.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not able to plug the device into a Mac and easily grab a fit file, like you can with some of the competition.
- The grade measurement can sometimes be slow and lag.
- The map screen doesn’t show road names.
- No touchscreen.
- Requires a smartphone to use.
- The only routes that allow turn-by-turn navigation have to be created with Komoot or RideWithGPS.
- Strava routes are not provided with specifics.
- The back-light is non-adjustable, and is either on, off, or lit for up to 60 seconds.
- No night-mode option for the back-light.
- Only works with the most popular third-party apps, and is not compatible with lesser-known apps.
- No safety tether to secure an aftermarket mount to your bar.
- The speed isn’t 100% accurate in wooded areas.
The Wahoo Fitness ELEMNT BOLT GPS Bike Computer is a top choice for serious cyclists looking for a reliable, technical, and easy-to-use GPS system. The compatibility with a smartphone and various apps makes this a good choice for tech-savvy users who want a trustworthy bike computer.