We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Altra Escalante 1.5 Running Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 587
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The toe box design is comfortable and big enough to prevent any toe jamming.
- Flexible to provide a full range of motion during running.
- Provide enough protection from tough outer debris and sharp objects.
- Provides enough support for joints during all-day use.
- The upper fabric is breathable and comfortable for wearing in warm or humid temperatures.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort and agility.
- Features a comfortable upper to conform to your foot shape.
- Breathable for temperature regulation in warm conditions.
- The new tongue design is comfortable and forms to your foot during all-day wearing and long duration exercise.
- Features 360-degree reflectivity for added safety in dark conditions.
- Stays lightweight while adding some more cushion for added support during tough runs.
- The outsole contains grippy grooves to provide traction on slippery surfaces.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- At the high end of the price spectrum when compared to similar shoes.
- The agility and responsiveness is not as good as other lightweight shoes.
- Not the most supportive or cushioned shoe on the market for added protection.
The Altra Escalante 1.5 Running Shoe for women is a lightweight, breathable, and fairly supportive shoe that will provide most runners and walkers enough protection and stability for mild exercise. For those who want a comfortable, temperature-regulating, and high-grip option, this could be a good choice.