We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Mission Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 81 (out of 100)
User Rating: 3.9 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 17
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The zips on the sides let you access your boots easily without having to open the bottom of the pant legs, increasing user efficiency.
- Contains plenty of pockets to securely store small gear items.
- Ventilates well for temperature regulation in a variety of weather conditions.
- Features a beacon pocket for added functionality and safety while on the mountain.
- The material is protective and keeps you dry in consistently-wet conditions.
- Heavy-duty to protect against rough terrain and consistent use.
- The integrated and removable waist belt increases user adjustability.
- The side venting allows for airflow and temperature regulation.
- The fit is true-to-size, making this pant easy to purchase online or in-person.
- The lower-leg zippers allows for easy access of the boots without having to take off the pant while on-the-go.
- The construction allows for layering abilities, wearing as a stand-alone layer in warm weather, and wearing over top of light tights in cold conditions.
- Features articulated knees for a complete range of motion during exercise.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users need to consistently tighten the waist to keep the pants secured.
- The zipper pull on the front pocket might not be the most durable, as some users reported this breaking after minimal use.
- The thigh vents are small when compared to other choices, so they are not the most breathable on the market.
- Heavier material when compared to other choices, reducing the all-day comfort.
- At the high end of the price spectrum, so buyers need to ensure they will put these pants to good use.
The Black Diamond Mission Pant for men is a durable, heavy-duty, and weatherproof option that will keep your legs dry during inclement weather. With material that can be worn as a stand-alone layer in warm conditions or as a top layer in cold weather, this pant is versatile for multi-season use.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4.