We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Mission Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 76
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Burly and durable construction.
- The nylon outer is durable.
- Zipper doesn’t snag on the material.
- The collar comes up high and keeps the warmth in.
- The collar can easily protect your nose.
- Features chest and hand pockets for warmth and storage.
- Features a shoulder zip-pocket for accessible storage.
- Hood is large enough to fit over a helmet.
- Cohesive cords can easily adjust the hood.
- The stitching and seam taping are high-quality and durable.
- Breathes well and is waterproof.
- Over-sized pit zips really help with breathability.
- Powder skirt is placed low in the jacket so it doesn’t interfere with breathability from your body’s core.
- Comprised of a Gore-Tex Pro 3L for warmth and durability. This is one of the highest performing Gore-Tex membranes on the market.
- Rubberized Velcro cuff tabs allow for a snug fit to keep the heat in.
- The fit is roomy, relaxed, and comfortable for layering.
- Fully-taped seams to enhance waterproofing.
- High collar and hood aids in sealing in the warmth and the elements out.
- Collar has a micro-suede lining for comfort.
- Hood features a three-way adjustment with one pull.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Doesn’t have multiple hood adjustments.
- The “relaxed fit” runs much too big.
- The materials on this jacket are not as durable as would be expected.
- Zippers are fragile and get stuck.
- Powder skirt is too loose and also the low placement is awkward.
- Shorter powder skirt than you may normally be used to.
- Hood may be too big for some.
The Black Diamond Mission Jacket for men is a premium ski and snowboard shell. The jacket is loaded with technical features that make it appropriate for both resort and backcountry use. It does run large and may not fit all body types, so be sure to try it on first.