We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Butora Altura Climbing Shoe – Tight Fit and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 3.8 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 13
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Jam really well in tight spaces.
- Works well on a variety of terrain for consistent use.
- The rubber portion of the toe absorbs any weight that could bruise or hurt your toes.
- Features high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting use.
- Provides ample ankle support for most terrains and conditions.
- The pads over the heels provide ample cushioning and support.
- Comfortable for all-day use without pinching or pain.
- Versatile enough to use on sandstone, cracks, slabs, and edging for added compatibility.
- Very comfortable for all-day and long term use.
- The construction and material make this shoe a good choice for edging.
- The padded tongue of this shoe makes it a great choice for crack climbing and foot protection in tough terrain.
- Contains ample rubber on the shoe for added protection and grip on slick surfaces.
- Provides great ankle protection while climbing and putting the shoe in wider cracks.
- Durable for consistent wear over multiple seasons.
- The asymmetrical shape works well to conform to the shape of your foot providing ample comfort and performance.
- The split leather conforms to the shape of your foot for a snug and secure feel.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might not be sensitive enough for smearing and edging for some climbers.
- Despite being comfortable, the initial break-in period is longer when compared to other shoes.
- At times, this shoe can feel a bit clunky and less-sensitive than other choices.
- The soles might be a little hard and stiff for some users’ preferences.
- The shoe can get too warm while wearing in hot climates due to the rubber.
The Butora Altura Climbing Shoe – Tight Fit works very well for climbing in tight spaces, protecting your ankles, and performing at a high-level in various conditions and climbing scenarios. Even though this shoe may be too stiff for some users, if you want a shoe that works exceptionally well on edges and is comfortable for all-day use, this could be a good choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.