We’ve read the reviews across the web for the DPS Skis Wailer 106 Foundation Ski and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 4
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The dimensions and construction make this a versatile and well-rounded ski.
- Despite being lightweight, these skis remain stable and secure in most conditions.
- Works well in carving during sharp turns and holding strong in icy conditions.
- Holds up well and performs in powder conditions, helping with control and agility.
- Very versatile for use in a wide range of conditions.
- The shape works well for various snow conditions, adding to the functionality.
- Very lightweight for ease during climbing and transporting.
- Extremely responsive, giving the skier complete control of the skis during runs.
- Provides enough agility and responsiveness to perform on sharp turns and trail runs.
- The upgraded construction can deal with hardback snow consistently and better than before, increasing the versatility.
- The tapered cut and construction allow for enhanced responsiveness and user control of the ski for using during sharp turns and tough conditions.
- Despite being agile, these skis are still rigid enough to prevent over-flexing.
- The wider base provides stability in icy and steep conditions.
- Works well as an everyday and all-around ski for various conditions.
- The wider base allows for the skier to stay on top of the snow while skinning for ample speed.
- Durable to withstand multiple ski-seasons in tough conditions.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users may feel this ski has too much weight focused in the front, which may not be your personal preference.
- The lightweight base is not meant for harsh, ice, and thick snow conditions.
- Not the best option for skiing at very high speeds or taking extremely sharp and fast turns.
- Very expensive, requiring a substantial investment for these high-quality skis.
The DPS Skis Wailer 106 Foundation Ski is a versatile, lightweight, and agile option that works well in a wide range of conditions. Even though this is quite the investment, this high-quality ski is long-lasting, can provide ample performance benefits on a variety of slopes, and works well as an all-around ski for everyday use.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.