We’ve read the reviews across the web for the FSA Alloy PowerBox Power Meter Crankset and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 83 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 20
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to setup, making this a good choice for beginners.
- The price is reasonable for the high-quality product you receive.
- The battery life is long-lasting for all-day use.
- The up-shifting and down-shifting are fast and smooth for increased performance.
- Very accurate for consistent readings during the entire ride.
- Consistently provides data during the entire ride, preventing any drops or losses of signal.
- You can add an extra feature of measuring the power on both legs for added data analysis and performance benefits.
- Reliable for consistent and everyday use.
- Constantly re-calibrates for ensured accuracy and reliability.
- Durable to withstand tough conditions and inclement weather.
- The set-up is easy and intuitive for increased efficiency and beginner-friendliness.
- Accurate to provide precise data during long rides.
- This crank set is very sturdy to withstand crashes and wet weather conditions.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the power dropping out mid-ride, limiting the confidence in this product.
- Only compatible with an FSA chain set, limiting the versatility.
- Not the lightest power meter option available when compared to similar products.
- Not the easiest mechanism to transfer if you decide to switch bikes.
- Only comes in a 30mm spindle, limiting the functionality.
The FSA Alloy PowerBox Power Meter Crankset is a durable, consistent, and user-friendly option that can withstand tough road conditions and inclement weather for long-lasting use. Although this isn’t the lightest option and lacks compatibility with other types of chainsets, this crankset is reliable, easy to set-up, and reasonably-priced for the high-quality you receive.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4.