We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Thule Insta-Gator Truck Mount and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 142
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Quick and easy to set up.
- Sturdy and stable while holding your bikes.
- Keeps the bikes upright and secure.
- Good fit for carbon frames.
- Holds bike securely by the wheel to minimize frame contact.
- It uses a padded hook to secure the front wheel of your bike so it won’t move.
- The method to secure the wheel prevents any damage to the frame.
- Thule mounts to your truck bed without needing any tools.
- Able to use two Insta-Gators with tailgates greater than 34” for functionality.
- High-quality materials and construction.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- It might contact more points than just the wheel, so could rub and cause damage to some bikes.
- Doesn’t come with locks for extra safety.
- Some reports of the main foot bars being a little off center and uneven.
- You will have to purchase a one-key lock separately for the racks.
- One of the most expensive truck bed racks on the market.
The Thule Insta-Gator Truck Mount is a functional, well-constructed, and easy to set up truck bed rack. Despite being expensive and some reports of the rack scratching the frame of some bikes, this is a good choice for those who care more about a secure hold, stability, and an efficient setup.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.