We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Fishpond Thunderhead Sling and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 41
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The net handle sleeve adds to the functionality and ease-of-use.
- Features high-quality construction for long-lasting use.
- Big enough to carry what you need for a day trip without being too bulky.
- The pack is comfortable for all-day use.
- Features several gear loops to keep small items in reach.
- The wide shoulder strap evenly distributes weight to prevent it from digging into your skin.
- The oversized zipper is easy to grab while on-the-go.
- The welded construction and submersible zipper aid in the waterproofing qualities.
- Contains enough room to hold your gear for 1-2 days without being uncomfortably heavy.
- Features a slot on the backside to carry a small net efficiently, adding to this sling’s functionality.
- Features fine mesh to aid in breathability during warm days.
- The sling-style is comfortable over the shoulder for long periods of time carrying your gear.
- Offers a shoulder fly patch for added performance benefits and increased functionality.
- Features plenty of attachment points and pull loops to quickly attach small gear items.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the material not being waterproof to keep your valuables dry.
- Lacks organizational pockets on the inside for compartmentalizing your gear.
- The interior pouch is not waterproof, so it won’t keep small valuables protected from the elements.
- Some of the exterior tabs are confusing and not intuitive for beginner use.
- At the high-end of the price spectrum when compared to other similar slings.
- The front pocket is small and would not be able to hold most cellphones or wallets.
The Fishpond Thunderhead Sling is a functional, high-quality, and waterproof option that has plenty of fishing-oriented features to increase ease-of-use, like attachment points, a fly patch, and a slot for a small net. If you don’t mind sacrificing storage space for a comfortable sling, this could be a good choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.