We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Chrome Citizen Messenger Bag and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 464
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable shoulder strap.
- Waterproof compartment saves your laptop and important papers, and can be used to transport cold beverages with ice!
- As on older model cars, the seat belt buckle can be used as a bottle opener.
- Durable; lasts years in all types of weather.
- While pricey, it could last you 10 years or more.
- Strong shoulder strap mechanisms hold up to weight of over-packing the bag.
- Reflective strips and loops to attach bicycle lights for night riding.
- Accessory pockets to stash smaller items.
- Shoulder strap can be adjusted while riding.
- Can be worn over either shoulder.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No padding to protect your back.
- No top handle.
- Strap can get twisted in the adjustment mechanism.
- Laptop compartment is not padded.
- Barely fits a 17 inch laptop, and this leaves no room in the other compartments.
- There should be a top handle.
- Tablet sleeve must be purchased separately.
The Chrome Citizen Messenger Bag is designed for bicycle commuters and couriers, but motorcyclists, walking students and travelers also like it. This bag is durable, and should last for years of regular use. Your laptop and papers will stay dry in a downpour or snowstorm, though you may have trouble fitting a 17 inch laptop with anything else in the bag. Not the cheapest bag, but durability and comfort are worth the price.