We’ve read the reviews across the web for the MSR Access 2 Tent: 2-Person 4-Season and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 75 (out of 100)
User Rating: 3.6 stars
Expert Rating: 4.2 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 25
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps heat well during cold conditions for comfort while sleeping.
- The set-up is easy for beginner use.
- Stable and supportive for use during tough storms and strong winds.
- Keeps you dry and warm during inclement weather over 4-season use.
- Features two mesh pockets inside the tent for storage of small gear items.
- The mesh vents add some breathability during hot weather.
- Lightweight for easy carrying during long-distance treks.
- Easy to pitch for beginner campers or backpackers.
- The double-wall design provides weather protection during prolonged precipitation.
- Handles condensation well while hiking in hot and humid climates.
- Features big vestibules for easy storage of your gear.
- Lightweight for carrying long distances between two people.
- The steep sides and roof can quickly shed excess snow from gathering overnight.
- Versatile for use in a wide range of weather and terrain conditions.
- The central support frame maximizes the internal space for gear storage.
- The extra cross pole adds additional stability and support to withstand tough conditions.
- Features two entrances for user-friendliness.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- At the high-end of the price spectrum when compared to other tents.
- Some reports of condensation building up during humid weather.
- The sizing is a bit small for two-person use.
- Not the best choice when compared to other 4-season models.
- The tent is a bit snug for two people with all of their gear to comfortably move around.
- Not the best choice for those who want a packable and transportable option for long-distance treks.
- The set-up involves pitching the inside first, which can be confusing for beginners.
- There are no Velcro patches to attach the fly to the tent poles, which can result in flapping and noise during high winds.
The MSR Access 2 Tent: 2-Person 4-Season is a durable, weatherproof, and easy-to-use option that can fit one person and their gear comfortably or two people with their gear with little room to move around. With lightweight material but bombproof construction, this is a good choice for backpackers who want a packable tent that can withstand tough weather.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.