We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Tungsten UL Tent: 1-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 41
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The set-up is very easy for beginner use.
- Keeps you protected during inclement weather all-night-long.
- Lightweight for easy packing and transportability.
- The material and construction are durable for long-lasting use.
- Features a stash pocket at the head end of the tent to store small gear items.
- The material is durable for tough-weather use.
- The zipper is protected by a flap to prevent snagging or breaking after use.
- The rainfly is waterproof to keep out prolonged precipitation.
- The floor is comprised of 68D material to prevent rips and snags on rocky terrain.
- The body is mainly mesh for added breathability during warm temperatures.
- The poles are pre-bent to maximize the interior space for comfort.
- Usable for 3 seasons, showing increased weather resistance during inclement conditions.
- The free-standing construction increases the versatility when pitching this tent.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might be too small for taller-sized users.
- The weight is heavier than ultralight tents for single-person backpacking use.
- The footprint does not have buckles for added security.
- The mesh on the roof of the tent can sag, which can impede your space while sitting or trying to stand up in the tent.
- Not the lightest 1-person tent on the market.
- Since this tent is only for one-person, it reduces the compatibility for multi-person trips.
- The tent can be a bit bulky when packed, reducing the ease of transportation.
The Marmot Tungsten UL Tent: 1-Person 3-Season is a lightweight, durable, and high-quality option that will keep you dry and warm during inclement weather and prolonged precipitation. For those who want an easy-to-set-up tent that is durable for multi-season use, this could be a good choice.