We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Fitzroy Tent: 3-Person 4-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 35
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The 4-pole design ensures full durability and stability during inclement and windy weather.
- Keeps you warm and dry in cold and wet conditions.
- Versatile to work in a variety of weather and terrain conditions.
- The internal poles can stretch the tent so there is no flapping or excess material.
- Good choice for a lightweight winter/alpine tent.
- Provides ample warmth in cold conditions.
- Does not flap and annoy you during the night.
- The burly construction ensures it will not collapse during very windy gusts and weather.
- Does not feature any moisture build up during warm weather.
- Very stable to stay upright in windy conditions.
- Despite having a low ceiling height, the rest of the tent is spacious.
- The tent does not flap around in windy weather.
- Both the body and the floor are comprised of waterproof and durable fabric.
- Very waterproof in tough conditions even without a rainfly.
- Provides a good option for those who backpack or walk for extended periods of time due to the material and the protection.
- Works and functions well as a solo backpacker during alpine conditions.
- The pole system is designed for stability and durability in the toughest of weather conditions, ensuring you get a comfortable and confident night’s sleep.
- The zippered vents help to prevent against unwanted condensation.
- Gets rid of deep and heavy snow due to the steep side walls.
- Strong for a single-walled tent to withstand tough conditions.
- Does not qualify as a heavy tent since it is just over 6 pounds, which isn’t too burly for a non-ultralight and alpine 2-person tent.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The internal pole clip is glued to the tent, but mold can grow on these patches and cause an unhygienic place to sleep.
- Not the lightest tent on the market for ultra-backpacking.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
- The ceiling height is pretty low and makes it difficult to stand up or move around comfortably.
- Might be a little tight for two people to fit and move around comfortably.
- Does not come with a vestibule for added functionality.
- The set-up is not the quickest or easiest compared to other tents.
- The ventilation does prevent moisture build up, but it is not the best on the market.
- Not very lightweight or easy to transport for a single-walled tent.
The Black Diamond Fitzroy Tent: 3-Person 4-Season is a durable, protective, and versatile tent that can work well for 1-2 people in the toughest of alpine conditions. Although this might not be a super lightweight summer tent, this single-walled tent provides enough protection and burly construction to keep out the toughest of weather and providing ample warmth for extremely cold temperatures.