We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Talon 33L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 684
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Features space for a hydration bladder for endurance exercise.
- The top lid has space for easy to reach items, like sunglasses, sunscreen, and a headlamp.
- Features plenty of storage pockets for small ear items on the lower sides, back, and each side of the hip belt.
- The padding quickly dries after getting wet during prolonged precipitation for functionality during multi-day hikes.
- Big enough to work for multiple weeks or months of backpacking.
- Very durable for consistent and long-term use.
- Very comfortable for using multiple days in a row while doing long-distance trails.
- Features a large top lid pocket for quick access while on the trail.
- The frame is adjustable to contour and shape to your torso length for increased comfort.
- This pack is functional for ice climbing, since it comes with dual ice ax loops.
- Comes with two levels of adjustable side compression straps that securely hold items in the side mesh pockets for added peace of mind.
- Features a mesh stuff front pocket for storing small items or layers you want to be able to reach.
- The ventilated mesh back is breathable to keep you cool during the summer months.
- The size is versatile to use as a weekend or multi-day trip.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The mesh on the back can grab snow while hiking during the winter, which can make you cold while walking.
- The pack is only top loading, which can reduce functionality while trying to pack and unpack your items.
- Might be too big to use as a single-day hiking pack.
- Doesn’t include a rain cover, so would not be the best choice for hiking in prolonged precipitation.
- Doesn’t come with a water reservoir, meaning you have to spend extra money to purchase this feature.
The Osprey Packs Talon 33L Backpack is a durable, functional, and versatile option that can work well for weekend or minimalist multi-day trips due to the added space, easy loading, and comfortable shape. For those who want a do-it-all pack they can bring on various hiking treks, this could be a good choice.