We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Alti Glove – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 120
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Many reports of having great insulation.
- The exterior feels solid and durable.
- Keep your hands warm in sub-zero temperatures.
- Shell is waterproof due to the Gore-Tex fabric.
- Uses stretch fabric on the back for enhanced dexterity.
- The gauntlets have elastic cinches to tighten to keep out the wind and keep the heat in.
- Keeps your hands warm and dry in wet weather.
- The insulation used is warm and lightweight, for a lighter-weight construction while remaining warm.
- Great grip on the gloves, allowing you to wear these for ski gloves or any activities which require you to hold something.
- Long-lasting over multiple seasons.
- Weighs less than one pound per pair.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The sizing runs a bit small, so you may need to try on before purchasing.
- Reports of the stitching being incorrect and making the sizing awkward to wear.
- Feels tight across the palm since they are in a permanently partially-flexed position.
- Web material between the thumb and index finger doesn’t let you spread your thumb out.
- Reports of the liners not integrating well with the gloves.
- There might be some better value options out there, since this glove isn’t the cheapest or the best quality.
- Might be too warm in mild temperatures.
- The heavier insulation limits your range of motion.
The Outdoor Research Alti Glove for men is a product that has received mixed reviews. The unique fit and stitching of the glove make it not universally liked, with many users reporting an awkward fit, the lining not working correctly, and the sizing running a bit small. Despite these claims, some experts applaud the warm and lightweight insulation, waterproof abilities, and great grip. We recommend trying on these gloves before purchasing, to see if the unique style will work for you.