We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Blackpowder II Insulated Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 17
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The synthetic insulation keeps you warm without adding extra bulk.
- Waterproof to keep you dry during prolonged snow or rain.
- The pit zips increase ventilation and breathability during intense exercise.
- Very warm and durable for multi-season use.
- The fit works well for layering depending on the weather conditions, increasing the versatility.
- The articulated elbows increase your range of motion and freedom of movement during activities.
- Features plenty of pockets for easy storage.
- Regulates your temperature during a variety of conditions.
- The large mesh pockets work well for keeping small gear items.
- The face fabric is durable to withstand long-term use.
- Not bulky or too heavy-duty for movement during exercise.
- The jacket is fairly lightweight, making it a good choice for layering during colder days or wearing as a stand-alone on warmer days.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The bottom zipper can sometimes catch on the fabric, which reduces the ease-of-use.
- The fit might be too snug for some people’s preferences, which means you may need to size-up when buying.
- The fit might be too short in the arms and torso for some body types, so you will have to try-on before buying.
- Doesn’t contain any wrist gaiters to keep snow out during snowboarding or skiing.
The Outdoor Research Blackpowder II Insulated Jacket for women is a lightweight, functional, and versatile option that works as a stand-alone jacket during warmer days or a layering option during cold, winter months. With waterproofing, pit zips, and flexible fabric to provide a full range of motion, this jacket is a good choice for outdoor winter sports.