We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Beta LT Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 161
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Gore-Tex Pro fabric keeps you dry in various conditions.
- Higher pockets are harness-compatible.
- The longer length keeps you covered and allows a full range of motion during activities.
- Lightweight and breathable.
- Velcro sticks well and doesn’t come undone.
- Packable for easy transportation.
- Sheds water well after beading up.
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex Pro.
- DWR finish works well to keep water beaded on fabric surface.
- Chin guard with microsuede for comfort.
- Very lightweight for a year-round jacket.
- Features abrasion-resistant outer nylon face fabric.
- The adjuster at the hood allows for full customization even while wearing gloves.
- Internal pocket allows for secure storage.
- Sizing allows for you to wear a midlayer underneath without impeding movement.
- The longer back is able to fit under a harness.
- Burly hood and the bill stay in place during inclement weather.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The DWR application wears off quickly and the re-application isn’t as effective as the original.
- No chest pocket and no pit zips for added functionality.
- The zips are not waterproof, but only water-resistant.
- Expensive, but worth it for the quality you get.
- The lack of pit zips may not provide enough breathability.
The Arc’teryx Beta LT Jacket for men is a waterproof, breathable, and lightweight jacket that is versatile enough for year-round use. The lack of chest pocket and pit zips may deter some, but there are numerous other technical and functional qualities that make this jacket a great option for a wide-range of outdoor adventures.