We’ve read the reviews across the web for the POC Ventral Air Spin Helmet and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 93 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 187
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The fit is comfortable for all-day use.
- The color is bright for added safety while biking on windy and dimly-lit roads.
- The ventilation makes this helmet a great choice for use during humid weather and summer months.
- The construction and placement of the straps prevents any twisting while using.
- The aerodynamics add performance benefits for elite cyclists.
- Lightweight to prevent any annoyance while biking for multiple hours.
- Ventilated very well to prevent any hot spots during use.
- Reduces the sound of wind noise to prevent any annoyances during endurance rides.
- The ventilation helps regulate your temperature during warm days.
- Features extra protection and coverage in the back to keep out harsh weather.
- The aerodynamic design is different from the competitors, but provides an increased performance benefit.
- Features a Medical ID chip integration for safety during a crash.
- The lightweight adjustment system lets you personalize and customize your fit.
- The Medical ID chip can be easily configured with an app on your phone for increased safety and user-friendliness.
- The eye garage lets you securely store your sunglasses while on-the-move.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users wish the straps were more adjustable to create the perfect fit.
- The shape is not the most stylish option for wearing off the bike during breaks.
- At the high-end of the price spectrum when compared to other similar helmets.
- Heavier than other similar helmets on the market.
- Doesn’t contain any high-visibility color options for increased road safety.
- Despite being innovative, the NFC/Medical ID technology is not commonly used by first responders in the event of a crash.
- The pads don’t dry as fast as others, meaning it might not be the best choice for an endurance ride.
- The bridge can’t be adjusted to change the angle of coverage.
The POC Ventral Air Spin Helmet is a lightweight, well-ventilated, and protective option that contains safety features to keep users safe in the event of a crash. For cyclists needing a performance-oriented option with quick adjustability on the go, this could be a good choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.