We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Petzl Lynx Crampon and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 114
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile to work with glacier and mixed-climbing routes.
- Works well as a do-it-all option for multi-season climbers.
- Stays sharp for long periods of time, enhancing the durability.
- Comes with a stash bag for easy transportation.
- Compatible for use with snowboard and ski boots.
- Works well for technical routes for experienced climbers.
- Features high-quality materials and craftsmanship for long-lasting use.
- The bail is easily adjustable to create a comfortable fit.
- The dual-point offers a stable platform to reduce muscle strain and fatigue.
- The anti-balling plates prevents snow from gathering and reducing comfort.
- Easy to maintain and keep in good shape over multiple years.
- Very durable for multi-year use.
- Each individual part can be bought separately if something becomes damaged, leading to ease-of-use when it comes to repairing your crampons.
- Interchangeable with Petzl crampons for added versatility.
- The fit easily conforms to the curve and rocker of your boot for all-day comfort.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the lightest option on the market when compared to other crampons.
- Heavy when compared to a mixed specific crampon, reducing the transportability.
- At the high-end of the price range when compared to similar options.
The Petzl Lynx Crampon is a versatile, durable, and high-quality option that works well in various conditions. If you are looking for a do-it-all crampon that is durable, stable, and adjustable, this could be a good choice.