We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Petzl Calidris Harness and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 68
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good for bigger-sized people due to the cut and shape.
- Harness is comfortable and barely noticeable when using.
- Large storage space to hold variety of items.
- Non-restrictive and provides mobility.
- Buckles on waist help for adjustability and ensuring a snug fit.
- The leg loops fit well and are comfortable.
- Double adjustment on the waist aids in customization.
- The harness is comfortable and adjustable.
- The gear loops are low-hanging, providing accessibility even while wearing a pack.
- Can be used in different modes of climbing, such as trad and sport.
- The most breathable big wall harness in this review.
- The perforated foam and mesh waist belt aids in ventilation and breathability.
- Self-locking buckles allows for quick adjustability.
- The streamlined style makes it ideal for free climbing.
- Able to stow away the extra webbing around the waist.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Difficult to reach the gear loops in the back without having to fully twist around.
- Some reports of sizing discrepancies, so should try on before purchasing.
- Harness is not as proficient for long climbs where you have to put weight on it frequently.
- Some reports of the leg loops not preventing the waist from bunching up on small-sized people.
- Gear can bunch up at times.
- Only two sizes, so not much sizing range available.
- The two buckles means more adjustable parts and extra webbing to deal with.
- Not possible to remove leg loops to sleep.
The Petzl Calidris Harness is a top choice for climbers wanting a comfortable, breathable, and adjustable harness for big wall climbs. We recommend trying the harness on before buying due to lack of sizes, but once you find the right fit, this is a good option for any type of climbing and any level of climber.