We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Assault 2 Tent: 2-Person 4-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 25
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Small for ease of transportation during long hikes.
- Lightweight for easy carrying over multiple days of backpacking.
- Features vents for extra breathability during warm days.
- The vestibule helps store your items and organize your gear.
- Lightweight for easy carrying over long distances.
- Features plenty of room for one person and their gear during solo trips.
- Features extra ventilation for use during hot and humid conditions.
- The outer material is fairly tear-resistant for protection while carrying on the outside of a backpack.
- The X-tent design is easy to pitch after a couple of uses and practice runs.
- Comes with a vestibule for extra organizational qualities.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the poles being tedious and difficult to use while on-the-go.
- Does not feature any pockets for organization of small gear items.
- Might not be the most durable option for multiple seasons of backcountry use.
- Some user reports of the tent not being completely waterproof to withstand strong storms.
- Only water resistant and not completely waterproof, making it not the best choice for 4-season use.
- Might be too small for two people and their gear to fit comfortably.
The North Face Assault 2 Tent: 2-Person 4-Season is a lightweight, breathable, and compact tent that works well for one person and their gear. However, users should not bring this tent if they are expecting inclement weather, like prolonged snow or rain. Although this tent is weather-resistant for use in mild conditions, it will not withstand long rainstorms or snowstorms.