We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Zipp 302 Carbon Clincher Road Wheel and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 9
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very fast for high-performance use on downhill routes.
- Helps your fitness by reducing your effort on routes due to the increased speed.
- The aerodynamic construction helps you accelerate and maintain high-speed levels.
- The brake pads do not rub against the wheels, leading to increased durability for long-term use.
- Very aerodynamic for increased performance abilities.
- Extremely fast for added performance benefits while going downhill.
- Works well with SRAM XD cassettes for added compatibility.
- Very stiff for easy handling in tough and agile conditions.
- Fair price for the high-quality bike you get in return.
- Available in rim and disc brake versions for added compatibility.
- Durable to withstand uneven and unstable terrain, like gravel and rocky surfaces.
- The rims are versatile to provide stability in windy conditions, while also providing aerodynamic qualities.
- Easy to service and keep in good condition for long-lasting use.
- Performance is consistent and reliable for increased confidence during use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the lightest option on the market when compared to other choices.
- Not the lightest option on the market, reducing the performance suitability for racing.
- Not as stable as other options on the market for unstable conditions.
The Zipp 302 Carbon Clincher Road Wheel is a durable, high-speed, and aerodynamic option that works well for maintaining high speeds and promoting acceleration during hilly routes. Despite not being a super lightweight option, this wheel is a performance-oriented option that is long-lasting and reliable.