We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima FourTimer Hitch Rack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 132
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very easy to use for user-friendliness and beginner compatibility.
- Keeps your bikes stable during transportation.
- Compatible for use with different-sized bikes for added versatility.
- You can easily load your bikes for increased ease-of-use.
- Durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- The bike tire holders are adjustable for increased user-friendliness.
- Versatile to carry a wide range of bikes for added compatibility.
- Installation is fairly easy and does not require any extra tools, increasing the user-friendly nature of this rack.
- Adjustable to accommodate fat bikes with the wheel straps for added compatibility.
- The frame is adjustable to help create the perfect snug fit on your bikes.
- The padded frame prevents any scratches on the bike or your car for added protection.
- Holds your bike at three different points for increased security.
- You can easily raise and lower the unit by using knobs on the rack, reducing the need for any special tools or complicated measures.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The screw that holds the pin tether is not the most heavy-duty and can break after minimal use, showing a lack of durability.
- Very heavy, which can make it harder for one person to install on their own.
- Hard to store or transport when not on your vehicle due to the big size.
- Not the most stable option on the market when on consistently bumpy and uneven terrain.
The Yakima FourTimer Hitch Rack is an easy-to-use, compatible, and adjustable option that can accommodate almost all bikes – including fat bikes with the added wheel straps. For those who consistently carry multiple bikes during weekend getaways, and want a heavy-duty rack to secure their bikes, this could be a good choice.