We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Castelli Alpha RoS Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 93 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 4.7 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 16
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The bright color is great for style and visibility while on the road.
- Works well for layering during very cold days or wearing as a stand-alone layer during warmer days on the bike.
- The rear pockets are spacious to hold small gear items during the ride for added user-friendliness.
- Features back ventilation for added temperature regulation during warm days.
- The vest construction is smart for those who get hotter during a long-distance ride.
- Offers complete wind and rain protection to keep you dry during inclement weather.
- Works well for layering during very cold temperatures for added versatility.
- Contains ample pockets for storage of small gear items while on-the-go.
- The construction uses reduced seaming for added weather protection.
- The cuffs are flat and keep the wind out to prevent drafts from getting in during your ride.
- The inner material is soft and comfortable against your skin for long-distance rides.
- Features two-layer construction for added warmth and breathability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might need to try-on before purchasing to ensure you purchase the correct size.
- Very expensive when compared to other similar cycling layers.
- The sleeves are baggy, which reduces the aerodynamic qualities of the jacket.
The Castelli Alpha RoS Jacket for women is a breathable, warm, and high-quality layering option that can work well as a stand-alone jacket or outer layer during very cold temperatures. Featuring storage pockets, comfortable material, and wicking properties, this jacket is a suitable option for all seasons.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.