We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Proton FL Hooded Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 73
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very wind resistant to cut down on strong breezes while outside.
- Versatile to work well in a variety of weather conditions.
- Provides enough insulation to wear as the only layer during warm/cool days, and works well for layering during colder excursions.
- The construction and materials are high-quality for long-lasting use.
- Works well for high-intensity activity in tough conditions, like rock climbing and hiking.
- Very breathable to prevent overheating during exercise or warmer days.
- Contains extra warmth for use during cold-weather activities, like alpine climbing.
- DWR coated to provide extra weather resistance during light precipitation.
- Moisture-wicking to prevent excess perspiration during outdoor exercise.
- Comfortable for all-day use in a variety of conditions.
- Features a helmet-compatible hood that works well for outdoor exercise.
- Features plenty of room in the shoulder area for ample mobility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The main zipper can sometimes come undone after extensive movement, reducing the all-day functionality and user-friendliness.
- Does not protect against wind and water as well as weatherproof outer shells or jackets.
- Expensive when compared to other similar outer layers.
The Arc’teryx Proton FL Hooded Insulated Jacket for men is a wind-resistant, versatile, and protective option that works well for wearing in inclement weather. For those who enjoy outdoor activities all year round, this jacket is breathable, comfortable, and functional for all types of exercise.