We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Big Agnes Blacktail 2 Tent: 2-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 86 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: 4.1 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 69
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Ample space inside to move around and fit two people.
- Easy to put up for beginner camping use and added functionality.
- Fairly lightweight for long-term carrying during distance hikes.
- The rainfly attaches with clips for easy setup during wet conditions.
- Features twin vestibules for extra interior packing space.
- Easy and fast to setup for beginner use.
- Features enough interior space for plenty of storage and mobility.
- Features double doors for easy entering and exiting with two people.
- The seams are pre-taped for extra weather protection during intense rain and wind.
- Very reliable for long-term and consistent use.
- Features two media pockets for secure storage of small electronic items.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The poles have a tendency to slide and might not be the most sturdy in windy conditions.
- The zips can snag on the fabric, reducing the ease of use.
- The material is very thin and might be too flimsy for long-term use.
- Heavier than most ultralight tents, making it not the best option for very long thru-hikes.
- Although there are two vestibules and storage, it might still be a bit snug for two people to move around and walk comfortably.
The Big Agnes Blacktail 2 Tent: 2-Person 3-Season is a functional, easy-to-use, and reliable option that works well for both short camping trips and fairly long-term hikes. With two vestibules, weather protection, and lightweight construction, this is a good option.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4.