We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Petzl Nao + Headlamp and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 407
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile enough to wear on your head or on your helmet for compatibility.
- The reactive lighting prevents any eye strain when moving from different terrains and lighting situations.
- Can easily recharge the battery via USB for easy-to-use functionality.
- The construction and durability make this a long-lasting product.
- Contains a rechargeable battery for functionality and ease of use.
- The compatibility with your phone makes this light easy to adjust.
- Petzl has a program that can allow you to adjust the headlamp and control it for easy use.
- Very bright level of lumens for clear viewing.
- The interface lets you program light levels in advance for full customization.
- The technology lets you adjust the beam’s brightness on command for ease of use.
- You can customize the brightness using the Petzl app, ensuring the battery life can run longer.
- Contains four brightness levels for adjustability.
- Contains water-resistant characteristics for some weather protection.
- On low settings, the battery life can last for up to 18 hours for functionality.
- Provides a wide range of programmability for full customization and personalization based on activity.
- Works very well in climbing situations for extreme functionality.
- The Reactive Lighting feature lets the headlamp adjust to provide the best combination of brightness and energy-saving properties.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the lightest option on the market when compared to other headlamps.
- You need to remove the battery from the headlamp to charge it, which some users may not like in case they lose the battery.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
- Some users may not like the use of the white light hue.
- The sensor does not react the best to cold temperatures, with the interface fogging during use.
- The USB cable charger could be longer for additional functionality.
The Petzl Nao + Headlamp is a versatile, functional, and high-tech option that lets you easily customize the lighting features to adjust to your specific activity. For those who are runners or climbers and want a long-lasting and durable headlamp that can let you train in all conditions, this headlamp will provide you with some weather-resistant capabilities, 18-hour lighting, and technical capabilities.