We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Blackburn Outpost Rear World Touring Rack and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 81 (out of 100)
User Rating: 3.9 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 97
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Contains installation instructions, making the set-up process easier for first-time and beginner users.
- The price is fair for the universal compatibility that you get with this rack.
- Compatible with mounting bags to keep your gear securely in place while riding.
- Versatile to fit a wide range of tire sizes, working with tires up to 29×4″.
- Made of three solid sections that enhance the long-term durability over multiple seasons.
- The material is strong and durable, leading to the compatibility for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users had issues with the installation process that resulted in faulty or unusable gear.
- Some users complain that the installation process does not work with their specific cars or bikes, rendering this product obsolete.
- The installation process is very tedious and long-winded, and can sometimes result in the rack not fitting correctly or sitting flush.
The Blackburn Outpost Rear World Touring Rack is a durable, versatile, and strong rack that works well for carrying almost any type of bike. Despite issues with the installation and set-up process, users who want a fairly-priced and strong option might be able to overlook the “fit” issues.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2.