We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Phase AR Crew Long-Sleeve Top and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 84 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 3.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 24
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Wicks moisture away from your body very well.
- Good warmth to weight ratio.
- Fit is good.
- Unlike wool baselayers, this one never feels “wet” when I stop moving.
- Perfect for high intensity activities in cold temperatures since it wicks moisture away from your body so well.
- The best synthetic baselayer on the market.
- Incredible durability – if you beat the hell out of your gear, this is the top for you.
- The most wind resistant base layer.
- Great fit with nice stretch for movement.
- Thinner material under arm pit helps dump heat.
- Layers easily under other tops.
- Possibly the most affordable (for what you get) Arc’teryx product on the market.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the most comfortable fabric.
- Gets stinky easily.
- Fabric is not the most comfortable but does feel nice, kinda like stretchy yoga pants material.
- Not as breathable as merino wool.
- Gets more stinky than merino wool.
- Unlike wool, the fabric feels cold against your skin until your body warms it up.
- Doesn’t dry as quickly as wool.
The Arc’teryx Phase AR Crew Long-Sleeve Top is lightweight, warm, and incredibly durable. While it attracts more odor and breathes less than comparable wool tops, its durability, minimal weight, and moisture wicking properties make this a top pick for synthetic baselayers.
Note: User rankings were reviewed across the web and expert rankings were reviewed on outdoorgearlab.