We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Danner Jag Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 372
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable fit and material.
- Retro style is popular and provides a good-looking boot.
- Lightweight when compared to a heavy-duty hiking boot.
- Minimal break-in period, if at all.
- Supportive fit for protection and security.
- Waterproof capabilities.
- Lightweight and waterproof.
- The full-grain leather provides comfort and durability.
- Danner Dry liner keeps water out, while still letting your feet breathe.
- The soles provide versatility for multiple kinds of terrain.
- Versatile to be used as a sneaker or a boot.
- The attached tongue means water won’t seep in through the cracks.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some durability issues, like the toe section pulling away from the leather after use.
- Some reports of the waterproofing not working as it should.
- The sizing runs a little big.
- Some reports of the tongue creasing, and rubbing on the top of your foot, providing some discomfort.
- Sole is not good enough for steep or slippery terrain.
The Danner Jag Hiking Boot for men is a comfortable, retro, and supportive option that is a combination between heavy-duty sneaker and lightweight hiking boot. The limited durability with this model should be noted, but for the casual hikers who care more about style, comfort, and padding over technical performance, this could be a good option.