We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Resolve II Parka – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 494
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- A nice looking jacket that is suitable for layering.
- Able to withstand a wide range of elements and remain waterproof.
- The hood is stowable, and can fold up into a stand-up fleece collar.
- A wide range of colors to choose from.
- Cinched waist at the back gives a feminine shape to the jacket.
- The tech of the fabric is waterproof.
- Useful layering-jacket in cold weather.
- Good choice for high-elevation or winter shell.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The zipper seems flimsy and breaks easily.
- No loop on the jacket to hang for easy storage.
- Doesn’t have a 2-way zipper like the original Resolve.
- The hood adjustment doesn’t stay tightened around the face in windy or rainy conditions.
- Heavier in terms of a lightweight shell rain jacket.
- Doesn’t compact as small for packing as a typical shell jacket.
- Sleeves only include elastic at the wrists, leaving them exposed to the elements.
- Zipper has a tendency to break when the jacket is tightened at the waist.
- The jacket has mediocre breathability due to its overall fabric, as well as the construction of the neck.
- Fabric is quite noisy and crinkly.
- 16 ounces is pretty heavy for a shell rain jacket if it’s going to be used for more than around-town.
The Resolve II Parka is a good choice for when you aren’t too worried about facing the elements, and want a basic jacket that can be stylish and get the job done. If the zippers hold up and you don’t mind a noisy fabric, the color selection, quality fit, and waterproof design can persuade you to snag this jacket for use around town or low intensity activities.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1.