We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Resolve 2 Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1743
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fits true to size.
- Adjustable straps to allow for fitted look around the waist.
- Holds up against both wind and rain.
- Elastic-bound cuffs around the wrists.
- Fleece-lined collar provides warmth around the neck.
- Relaxed fit allows you to comfortably wear a layer underneath for warmth.
- DryVent membrane provides a trustworthy waterproof layer.
- Collar protects against the elements, and hood can be stowed inside the collar.
- Stormflap with velcro closure on the front of the jacket.
- Proven to be windproof.
- Hood tightens around the face with one elastic cord, keeping the rain away.
- Mesh-lined pockets offer some ventilation.
- Fleece-lined collar secures warmth around the neck.
- Taffeta-lined hood provides a snug fit.
- String-pull tabs on the zippers allow for easy use.
- 70D nylon ripstop fabric is very durable.
- Available in 7 color options.
- DryVent 2L fabric provides waterproof ability.
- Stowable hood provides versatility.
- Maintains waterproof rating of 25 PSI after 20 launderings.
- 100% windproof.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No inside pocket.
- The material can be loud and make a ‘crunchy’ sound.
- No chest pocket.
- The jacket provides very little warmth, so is best to be worn with a layer underneath in colder temperatures.
- Wrist cuffs are not adjustable so may not provide a tight seam.
- High collar doesn’t have the ability to fold down.
- Might need to purchase a size smaller than usual.
- Some reports on a flimsy and poor quality zipper.
- No armpit vents, limiting breathability.
- Elastic wrist cuffs have no adjustable ability, so unable to tighten them.
- Hyvent two-layer coating limits breathability.
- Mesh fabric makes the jacket feel bulkier and not as lightweight.
- Heavier jacket due to the materials, including the fleece collar, sacrificing lightweight material for warmth.
The North Face Resolve Jacket for men is a good choice for casual use. The waterproof material and the relaxed fit allows for a comfortable no-frills rain jacket. A lack of technical features, such as the absence of adjustable elastic cuffs, lack of breathability, and a heavy material make this jacket not suitable for prolonged outdoor adventures.