We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Down Sweater Vest – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 300
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and packable.
- Stylish pattern and color choices.
- Slim fit but allows for flexibility and mobility.
- Great layering option to be worn over a base layer or under a jacket.
- Inside zip-pocket for secure storage.
- Regulates temperature via traceable down.
- Versatile for many climates.
- Good choice for stand-alone over base-layer in moderate temperatures above 50 degrees Farenheit.
- Breathable material.
- Longer torso for more coverage.
- Plush and lofted feel due to down insulation.
- Strong and durable stitching.
- Tough outer shell that minimizes insulation loss.
- Front pockets are positioned well and efficient.
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Nylon elastic band arm holes for mobility.
- Adjustable cords around the waist hem to keep heat in.
- Shell and lining made from 100% recycled polyester.
- Ripstop material treated with DWR to provide some water-resistance.
- Front zipper has a zipper garage for comfortable fit.
- Pocket doubles as a stuff sack for easy compressibility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of too tight across the shoulder and hip area.
- May need to size-up to wear layers comfortably underneath.
- Reports of the hip area being too small when buying true to size, since the sizing has changed from previous models.
- Colored feathers show through the vest if purchasing the white color.
- Might be too puffy to fit under certain jackets as a mid-layer.
The Patagonia Down Sweater Vest for women is an ideal option for a lightweight, durable, comfortable, warm, and functional vest. This piece can be worn over a light base-layer in moderate temperatures, or underneath a heavier jacket in cold climates, making this a versatile, functional, and stylish option.