We’ve read the reviews across the web for the KEEN Targhee II Mid Hiking Boot – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 641
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stiffness aids in support.
- Very comfortable.
- Short break-in time.
- Adequate ankle support.
- Good arch support.
- Wide toebox for comfort and short break-in period.
- Virtually blister-proof shoes.
- Dries quickly.
- Sufficient traction on most surfaces.
- Accomodate wide feet without pinching at the sides.
- Contoured heel lock and the Torsion Stability ESS Flank keep feet from moving around and provide cushioning in the heel.
- 4 mm lug depths add to the stiff nature of the boot, increasing stability.
- Lightweight when compared to the competition.
- Rubber toe cap adds to the stability of the boot.
- Mesh breathable parts for airflow.
- Can remove insoles from the boots.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some sizing issues, with most people having to order half a size up.
- Some reports of the soles showing wear-and-tear after a short period of time.
- Laces can be a bit difficult to tie tight enough.
- Reports of toes hitting the front of the shoe on descent when wearing an incorrect size.
- Not as much support in the ankle as there is in the heel and toe box.
- Ankle height is short, so deep water will soak into the shoe.
- Mesh parts are more susceptible to wear-and-tear.
- Lace eyelets can wear-out over time.
The KEEN Targhee II Mid Hiking Boot for women is an ideal choice for a first hiking boot since they are comfortable, protective, easy to break-in, inexpensive, and lightweight. Ordering half a size up will ensure the proper fit and make this a top choice for hiking, or strolling around town.