We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Wildcat Trail Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 318
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and minimal.
- Well-placed shoe laces don’t slip.
- Soles provide adequate traction on variety of surfaces.
- Long-lasting tread.
- Water-resistant in 1-2 inches of surface water.
- Contoured to fit feet.
- Comfortable for flat feet.
- Sufficient cushioning.
- Keeps sand out when in the desert.
- Maintains grip in wet conditions.
- Normal arch supports most feet.
- Decent cushion and excellent outsole protect foot.
- Cushioning protects feet from rocks.
- High-drop makes you walk protecting your foot and lessening heel impact.
- Laces can tighten to accommodate narrow feet.
- The Air Mesh provides breathable comfort.
- Many reports of liking the asymmetrical lacing harness.
- Features Impact Brake System for shock absorption.
- The full coverage FriXion Bue outsole works on variety of surfaces.
- The split oval-shaped lugs compress on rocks, gravel, scree, and talus.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Disintegrates after approximately 400-500 miles of use.
- Not supportive enough for those with ankle issues.
- Heel may come out on steep uphill climbs.
- Runs small.
- Not the most supportive shoe.
- Moderately heavy for a trail runner.
- Wider than other La Sportiva shoes.
- Heel-drop is a little high for trail runners.
- Doesn’t have a rock plate for added foot protection.
- Shoe lining does not completely keep the foot cool and dry.
- Lacks stability in the heel.
The La Sportiva Wildcat Trail Running Shoe for men provides breathable comfort in a long-lasting shoe. The impressive traction, adjustability options, and shock absorption stand out in this shoe.