We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Metropolis II Parka – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 86 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 3.8 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1393
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great color variety.
- Fit is ideal for around town use.
- Reports of liking the length of the jacket falling just above the knees.
- Some waist definition adds shape and flattering fit.
- Warm but lightweight.
- Slightly water-resistant.
- Detachable hood.
- Quality stitching.
- Hood stays up during inclement weather.
- Machine washable.
- Hood features a cocoon brim for added warmth.
- 550-fill goose down provides nice warmth.
- Contoured baffling at the waist is flattering.
- Long length helps keep the heat in.
- Both sides of the exterior pockets are coated with microfleece, and are deep enough to hold multiple items.
- Microfleece on the chin of the collar to provide optimal comfort.
- Hood is cozy, warm, and detachable via snaps.
- Adjustable cord around the brim of the hood helps seal in heat.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not waterproof.
- Some reports of the down coming out of the seams.
- Chrome color stains easily.
- No two-way zippers on the front.
- Some reports of being too tight along the bottom part of the jacket, restricting movement.
- Lined with 100% nylon, which isn’t very breathable.
- No interior cuffs on the sleeves, and the elastic band is slightly loose.
- Beaded water will roll off, but in extended precipitation, the jacket becomes saturated and loses insulating capabilities.
- Wind can come through the exterior stitching.
- The fit in the shoulders and arms is restricting.
- The shoulders of the jacket lack down, letting heat escape.
The North Face Metropolis II Parka for women is a warm and stylish jacket for around town. While not intended for technical uses, it is a comfortable, warm and attractive choice for walking around.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1.