We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Nano Puff Insulated Vest – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 242
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight but warm.
- Synthetic stays warm even when damp.
- Moves with you during activity.
- Windproof in slight winds.
- Packs down very small and easily packable.
- Ideal mid-layer for colder temperatures.
- No hood means less bulk when layering.
- Stylish fit and colors.
- Wearable in all seasons, on top of a baselayer in warmer months, or as a mid-layer in colder temperatures.
- Stitches are closer together than they are on the jacket version, meaning more durability.
- Features an inside pocket for secure storage.
- Coated with DWR to increase water-resistant capabilities.
- Complimentary baffling design.
- PrimaLoft insulation aids in warmth-to-weight ratio and is comprised of 55% recycled polyester.
- Windproof capabilities to aid in sealing in warmth.
- Lightweight material aids in extreme compressibility.
- Good choice for climbing or outdoor hiking.
- Material and fit keeps core temperature warm.
- Lack of sleeves makes this an ideal piece for climbing, due to adequate arm and shoulder mobility.
- Synthetic insulation breathes better, dries quicker, and is less expensive.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The elastic around the armpits may be too snug for some.
- Some reports of wanting more pockets for storage.
- Sizing has changed since previous models, with reports of a boxier fit, so you may need to size-down if you’re used to the previous fit.
- Some reports of being too loose in the shoulder and chest area, but tight in the waist.
- No fleece-lined pockets.
- Not waterproof.
- Not as warm as down.
The Patagonia Nano Puff Insulated Vest for women is best suited as a stand-alone layer in moderate temperatures, or a mid-layer in cold climates, featuring comfortable material, an optimal warmth-to-weight ratio, compressibility, mobility, and a stylish look. This piece is versatile enough to wear climbing or walking around the city.