We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Assos T.equipe_s7 Bib Shorts – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 4.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 71
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The Equipe is more relaxed than the Cento and comfortable for long days.
- Bib fabric is seamless and lays well.
- Mild, but adequate, compression.
- Detached middle section which allows the chamois to adhere to your body shape.
- The detachable middle section prevents saddle-friction.
- Style prevents riding up on the legs.
- Material feels sturdy and durable.
- Comfortable for all-day rides.
- Semi-detached chamois allows for free-floating unsewn-sections which provide comfort.
- Placement of memory foam inserts is in an ideal location.
- Good compression on legs with less compression on the groin area.
- Effective leg bands that aren’t too tight.
- Chamois is a lightweight, breathable, and waffled synthetic that supports the sit bones without restricting blood flow.
- Bib strap orientation is placed to reduce pressure on the diaphragm.
- IceColor treatment reduces the surface temperature of dark fabrics.
- Chamois has perforations in the back for better ventilation.
- Low cut at the waist, preventing folding and creasing of excess fabric.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Chamois may be too wide for some body types.
- Semi-detached chamois may cause chaffing on some body types.
- Even though the straps may fit correctly, the leg sleeves may be too big for cyclists with small legs.
- Some reports of early wear-and-tear.
- Instances of the unstitched chamois areas moving when riding.
- Bib straps placement and tension are pronounced and accentuate upper hem on the stomach.
- Not knee-length, having 3.5 inches of clearance above the kneecap, which some professionals may not prefer.
The Assos T.equipe_s7 Bib Shorts for men are a top-of-the-line option for serious cyclists wanting compressive, comfortable, durable, breathable, and aerodynamic cycling shorts. The high-price and high-tech specifications make this ideal for professionals and elite riders.