We’ve read the reviews across the web for the KEEN Voyageur Hiking Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1567
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Curved edges of the sole around the arch of your foot to provide snug fit and support.
- Adequate support.
- Stiff sole for stability.
- Plenty of padding for added comfort.
- Proficient traction on most surfaces.
- Short break-in period.
- Ideal fit for wide feet.
- Outer sole of the new model is more streamlined and less bulky than the original.
- Leather and mesh upper, a dual density EVA mid sole, and rubber sole with 4 mm lugs provide weather-resistance and stability.
- 4 mm multi-directional lugs on the sole provide good traction on moderately technical terrain.
- When hiking in dry climates, a non-waterproof shoe is more breathable.
- Extra rubber on the toe holds up and withstands wear-and-tear.
- Offers support in the heel area.
- Upper is made of environmentally preferred premium leather.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Cheap make of shoe in some reports.
- Top loop for the lace is not very durable.
- Breathability is not the best.
- Some reports of the tongue not laying flat on top of the laces.
- Toe box is narrower than previous models, which may not suit some.
- Many reports of sole needing replacement after a few months of use.
- Minimal padding underfoot.
- Doesn’t work as well for narrow-footed hikers.
- Hot spot issues under big toes if you have narrow feet.
- Lack of arch support decreases lateral stability of the shoe.
- If your foot is submerged, the shoe will soak-through quickly.
- The EVA midsole is the first part of the shoe to wear-out.
- Reports of the fit being too small for many users.
- Some users not happy with the color choices and discrepancies on the website.
- The stitching and eyelets deteriorate after a short period of time in some cases.
The KEEN Voyageur Hiking Shoe for men is a nice hiking shoe due its breathability, short break-in period, and adequate traction. This shoe won’t hold up forever, but it should be comfortable for those with a medium-to-wide foot.