We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Cirque Softshell Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 316
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Most reports stating the fit is true-to-size.
- Ideal for hiking, backpacking and ski touring in cool temps.
- High-quality material and stitching.
- Lightweight and breathable.
- Adequate mobility for most activities.
- Scuff guards fit over ski boots and protect the pants.
- Work well in all climates.
- Mobile and flexible material.
- Dry very quickly.
- Heavy duty, but not bulky.
- Heavy-weight 90-denier soft shell fabric provides protection from the elements.
- Freedom of movement due to Spandex fibers.
- Articulated knees and gusseted crotch for flexibility.
- Two zippered hand-pockets, zippered back-pocket and a zippered thigh-pocket for adequate storage.
- Ankle area is reinforced with a more resilient fabric.
- Boot lace-tabs allow you to attach the pants directly to your boot laces and prevent snow from entering.
- Pants have velcro tabs on the hips for adjustability.
- The liner provides a small amount of insulation for warmth down to freezing temperatures.
- Weather-resistant zippers.
- Competitive price for quality pants.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the length being too long and waist being too small.
- Some reports of the stitching coming loose after use.
- No side-zip vents.
- Some users would prefer more pockets.
- The two waist-pockets become inaccessible with a climbing harness on.
- The pants may be too warm to wear comfortably above 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The hand and back pockets are slightly small.
The Outdoor Research Cirque Softshell Pant for men is a durable active-use pant for all-seasons. The pant may not fit all body types, but the mobility and breathable material make it a good choice for outdoor adventures in cool temperatures.