We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Phantom Tech Mountaineering Boot and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 23
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable and warm for all-day use.
- Provides ample grip on a variety of terrain.
- The gaiter zipper and compatibility is easy to use and enhances functionality.
- The sole is stiffer for higher performance during climbing.
- Lightweight, but remains warm for use in a variety of weather conditions.
- Very waterproof for extra weather protection.
- Climbs well for added functionality and ease of use.
- Features a stretch-fabric upper gaiter with a rubber patch over the front 3/4 section of the boot for both compatibility and protection.
- The deep lugs provide ample grip in a variety of terrain.
- The heel construction can hold your foot securely and snugly during use.
- Highly technical and great for ice climbing performance.
- The EVA midsole provides ample comfort and warmth for performance capabilities.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The laces might not be as tight-fastening as those that have cord and cam lock for extra security.
- The lock is non-intuitive and not the easiest to use quickly and efficiently.
- Expensive compared to other options on the list.
- The laces are not the most durable and can break down after minimal use.
- Not quite as warm as the version before, which some users may not like.
The Scarpa Phantom Tech Mountaineering Boot is a lightweight, highly-technical, and high-grip option that is well-suited for people who frequently go ice climbing and want a performance-oriented boot. Even though the laces can break down and the price is high on the spectrum, this mountaineering boot is worth the money for those who want a boot with a secure fit, stiff sole, and comfort for all-day use.