We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex Mitten – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 62
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- One of the warmest pair of gloves to wear on the mountain.
- Extremely warm and very comfortable.
- Can keep your hands warm in below zero temperature.
- Extremely durable material that can last for 5-10 years.
- Comfortable wrist leash.
- Features gauntlet cinch to keep gloves together when you’re not wearing them.
- The material is leather, which makes this glove stretchable and gives your fingers mobility.
- Includes removable liners that can be changed or swapped out for other pairs.
- The shell is made from nylon and goat leather, giving it comfort and stretchiness.
- The SuperCinch gauntlet closure seals the wrist which locks out cold air and snow.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The size of the glove tends to be wide, so double check your size and try them on at a local retailer.
- The leather palm of the gloves can get damp when exposed to snow for 4+ hours or when temps hover around freezing or in rain.
- These gloves can cause overheating depending on the weather, which may be a positive for extremely cold temperatures and a negative for somewhat mildly warm temperatures.
- You must apply waterproof sealant every so often to keep the leather in great condition and protect your hands from getting wet.
- Not the most waterproof glove on the market.
The Hestra Army Leather Gore-Tex Mitten is for people who recreate in very cold temperatures or tend to have cold hands. They are comfortable and durable, with people still happily using these gloves many years after purchasing. As with all leather gloves, there is regular maintenance required, as well as less-than-perfect waterproofing, but for those comfortable with these limitations, this is a terrific cold-weather mitten.