We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Ultra Raptor Trail Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 162
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stretches to fit to your foot while remaining supportive.
- Adequate lateral reinforcement, which prevents your ankle from rolling.
- Proficient traction both up and down hills.
- Dries quickly after being wet.
- Ground impact spreads over a wide area in the shoe, causing your foot muscles to be less strained.
- The stiffness of the shoe provides adequate support.
- Cushioned and comfortable.
- The mesh allows for breathability.
- Various protective features, including a stone guard, durable toe cap, and strong upper material.
- The cushioning in the shoe is thick in the toe and the heel for added protection.
- AirMesh is breathable and prevents debris from entering.
- Aggressive outer sole provides great traction.
- The lugs are long, tri-tipped, and suitable for all directions, allowing you to run on uneven terrain without slipping.
- The wider forefoot provides the ability for enhanced balance.
- Polymer harness causes the lacing system to wrap around the shoe, creating a snug fit.
- Midsole contains EVA foam and MeFlex cushioning, providing a padded but responsive feel.
- Features a 9mm heel-to-toe-drop, aiding in arch support.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Shoes have no Gore-Tex or other waterproofing capabilities.
- Runs small.
- Slightly narrow-fitting shoe that may not fit all foot widths.
- The outer sole is less durable than the competition.
- Limited feel of the ground, which can cause balance issues.
- Water-resistance does not last long when submerged in water.
- The outer rubber is prone to wear-and-tear.
- Due to the rubber wearing down, this shoe is not suited for prolonged running on pavement or very-hard surfaces.
- Various testers noticed the tongue slipping down and bunching when going downhill.
- The plastic eyelet sometimes causes the laces to loosen unintentionally.
The La Sportiva Ultra Raptor Trail Running Shoe for men is a versatile trail runner for all abilities and terrains. With an ability to double as both a trail running and hiking shoe, the Ultra Raptor provides traction, support, cushioning, and breathability.