We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 741
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The fit is ideal, with some extra room near the toes.
- The grips on the bottom of the shoes are proficient on rocks and mud.
- The heel support is comfortable.
- The sole and tread has extremely high gripping ability.
- The ‘zip-tie’ lacing feature is quick and easy.
- There is a tiny pocket which holds the excess laces.
- Decent padding and arch support.
- The heel back doesn’t rub and cause blisters.
- Good in wet conditions due to high grip quality.
- The lacing system wraps your foot well, so you don’t lose any energy with your foot sliding around inside the shoe.
- The lacing system stays locked during use.
- Dries quickly.
- A variety of colors available.
- The lugs are spaced farther apart, helping to avoid build-up of mud on the bottom of the shoe.
- The stack height is 20mm in the toe and 30mm in the heel, padding the heel where your foot needs it most, but allowing a feel of the trail in the forefoot area.
- The upper is protective, using a mesh covered by overlays.
- A wider forefoot makes it easier to land without harming your ankle.
- The Sensifit upper and the lacing system allows the user to tighten the shoes to the desired fit.
- Your foot is cushioned on all sides due to the foam padding in the shoe.
- Strong construction of the shoe keep the laces, mesh upper, and out-sole in great condition over time.
- The neutral arch will work for most feet.
- One of the lighter trail runners that can also withstand wear-and-tear.
- The shoe is molded with EVA, allowing for lightweight cushioning.
- The rip-stop upper conforms directly into the sole, making for a smooth shoe.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Your foot sits higher up in the shoe, meaning less lateral ankle support.
- Slightly expensive for trail runners.
- Highly recommend trying the shoe on before buying, since it is more suited for narrow feet, and has a particular fit.
- Can get a bit hot since the shoe is not super breathable.
- As the lugs wear down over time, the protection underfoot decreases.
- The softer rubber means this shoe is not ideal for everyday use, since they will wear out faster.
- The high heel-toe drop makes this shoe slightly more unstable when running downhill.
- Since the mesh is covered by overlays, it doesn’t drain water efficiently.
- The shoe is not the best for ventilation or drying quickly.
- The tall lugs make the shoes slightly unsteady on firm surfaces, like hard pavement.
- Since the heel-to-toe-drop is very high, the shoe may not suit some runners.
- Not available in wide sizes.
- Does not feature a rock plate, meaning you aren’t as protected.
The Salomon Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoe for women is a high-traction shoe that is proficient on any terrain. This trail runner is ideal for those running primarily off-road and wanting a durable shoe that will withstand wear-and-tear.