We’ve read the reviews across the web for the SRAM XX1 2.1 Rear Derailleur and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 39
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Less weight than the GX option from the same company, providing a lightweight choice for your bike.
- Features high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting use.
- Very lightweight for ease of use and ample performance on the bike.
- Simple to shift to make it easy and functional for anyone to use.
- The shifting is fast and precise, remaining constant across all gears, keeping you confident on the bike.
- Versatile to use in a wide variety of tough conditions,
- Easy to clean to keep the derailleur working effectively and at a high-level for a long period of time.
- Works very well with the XX1 shifter for ample compatibility.
- Provides clean and smooth shifting for performance benefits.
- Fitting the XX1 is easy and efficient for enhanced ease-of-use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the product being difficult to easily adjust.
- You might need to adjust the pivot when installing the mechanism to prevent the derailleur from binding on itself while in the highest gear, which can take some time and knowledge if you are new to using a derailleur.
- At the high end of the price range when compared to other derailleurs.
The SRAM XX1 2.1 Rear Derailleur is a smooth, fast, and high-performance option that is very compatible with other SRAM shifter options. Providing crisp and clean shifting without any tedious movements, you can quickly get into the correct gear in no time at all. For those needing a durable, versatile, and high-quality derailleur without worrying about the price, this could be a good option.