We’ve read the reviews across the web for the KUHL Flight Fleece Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 78 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: 2.8 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 401
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Soft and cozy.
- Durable zippers for long-lasting use.
- Hood can be stowed in the collar, promoting functionality.
- Adequate sleeve length for most body types.
- Pockets have the ability to double as vents when you are warm.
- Tailored fit for a more flattering look.
- Great option for layering.
- The pockets are big enough for ample storage.
- Warm without being too bulky.
- Features a zip-out hood and thumb holes for functionality.
- Stylish look and fit.
- Four total pockets for storage.
- 100% premium plush fleece for comfort.
- Leather trim around zippers for durability.
- Micro-fleece trim around thumb loops for warmth and comfort.
- Moisture-wicking and quick-drying.
- A great mid-weight polyester fleece that provides a balance between comfort and durability.
- Two-toned style.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The thumb holes may not fit correctly on some body types.
- Lining of the pockets is not especially warm.
- Chest pockets are awkwardly placed.
- The fleece can show wear-and-tear quickly.
- Sizing runs small, so may need to try on in person or size-up.
- The collar seems like it may be too tall, but it does keep your face warm on high-wind days.
- Poor rating on weather-proofing and breathability.
- Difficult to zip the hood back in as flat as originally was.
- Slight difficulty breathing through the ventilation in the high collar.
The KUHL Flight Fleece Jacket for women is a cozy fleece suitable for layering in cold conditions. The limited breathability makes this a less-than-optimal choice for intense aerobic activities, but the style, soft fleece, and durability make this a good option for mellow activities or wearing around town.